Search This Blog

Friday, August 6, 2010

Reunited

Friday night. 7:30pm. Southwest Airlines. Row 9. Seat B. My husband arrived. We’ve been apart for a couple weeks at a time before this, but never while I was traveling with 2 kids. The kids and I set out to the Denver International Airport to pick him up and give long overdue hugs. We were giddy. We had all missed him so much and 2 weeks was too long this time to be apart. Baby girl cried the whole way until I reached back with my hand and sang a little ditty about going to see daddy. I think she understood. Once we had picked him up he spent the drive back to Boulder turned around going between kids with his attention. They were in heaven. I was left so grateful for a family that loves each other this much, enough to miss one another, and enough to excitedly receive the one who has returned. I want to expand that idea of family to include all those I love and with my mind set toward Washington, I am getting excited to see familiar faces of friends I have missed along the way. This journey has been just what we needed, a step away to realign ourselves. And now we begin our step back. The timing is perfect, our souls and bodies are tired and ready to return, our minds and hearts have expanded and we just want to be around the people who have known us and cared for us so well over the past few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment