Search This Blog

Friday, August 6, 2010

TV

TV in the woods. There’s just something wrong to me about pulling up your huge RV into a campground then proceeding to pull your television out of the rv to watch it yards from someone else’s space, without walls. Not to mention the myriad of other issues surrounding a family that will not unplug a screen for a short period of time during the most lovely of all times of the year. It’s sunny, it’s warm, there are no mosquitos, there is, though, a park and waterfront a short walk away. Every time this family is at the RV, though, that loud box is interfering with our noise space.

I am finding myself at a crossroads. If I am to love my neighbor, and for this week and thank goodness this week alone, these people are my neighbor, how do I do that? All day I thought about this, knowing that I wanted to learn to show love, but instead was feeling only judgmental. Well, luck has it that even though I am often verbally blunt, and so not wanting to say anything to them, I have a very diplomatic husband. So I recruited him last night to speak to them about it and surprise to me, they kindly turned down their tv. Maybe my loving them was simply keeping my mouth shut until someone else could handle it better. Maybe that’s a lesson we could all learn sometimes. Either way, tact is my goal and someday I may attain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment